This week Java released update 25 to their software, which included several security enhancements.
Similar to their last release two months ago this update has caused login issues with the D2MX software, affecting the Bourse, Market Analyser, d2mxIRESS, Virtual Trader and PTP5000 editions.
We will be releasing an update of our software on Monday June 24th to address this issue, but if you would like a workaround in the meantime the instructions below should have you up and running again.
What to do
1. When you login for the first after the update you will see a message stating the loading of IRESS Trader is taking too long, and also that Java is not installed.
Click OK to close the program.
2. Click on this link to download the latest version of Java 7.
It’s a 30mb file, so it may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
3. After the download is complete, you will be asked to install the file. Click on the Install button.
4. During the install a message will say that Java is already installed on your computer, would you like to reinstall it? Click the Yes button to continue the installation process.
The Java Set up will proceed with the installation. If you’re asked to close your internet browser during this process, do so.
5. When the installation is complete a message will say Java has been successfully installed. Click Close.
A Java Check web page will open; you can close that without verifying your version.
6. You should now be able to log into your software.
If you continue to have login problems please contact the support desk on 1300 363 766 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we mentioned however, we expect to release a new version of our software available next week which will make this workaround unnecessary.