We’re regularly updating Market Analyser 7 to add new features and improve useability.
When a new build is released you will be prompted to update when you next open Market Analyser 7. We encourage you to keep up with the latest version, to ensure you’re getting the best possible experience.
• Update to D2MX Charts to resolve an issue of displaying an invalid last bar, and improved the Chart Indicator Chart Captions feature to show more detail on Indicator Settings.
January 23, 2013
• D2MX Charts should no longer show a weekend or pre-open duplicate bar from the prior day.
• Changed the handling of the drop-down auto-complete in the D2MX Chart symbol field. This resolves an issue where a code could be unintentionally requested as users type.
December 6, 2012
• A number of bug fixes to improve program stability, based on feedback from our beta testing team.
September 14, 2012
Our last few builds have been all about improving the stability and performance of the platform, with some bug fixes and a handy new feature thrown in for good measure.
Several bugs we’ve fixed here were reported by users, so our thanks to all those people who have helped get these issues resolved!
Highlights of this release:
• A new Auto-Complete Drop Down function on D2MX Charts will make it faster to bring up the charts for your most commonly-requested symbols.
• Fixed several issues related to the chart data window
• Added new D2MX logo to installation and splash screen
• Fixed a range of chart issues raised by users, including bugs in the Text Indicator, Toolbar, Training Mode and Highlighting.
September 3, 2012
• Small necessary changes to support updates to Java and Iress Trader.
August 2, 2012
• Fixed an issue with detecting when Iress Trader was closed, so that our program would close correctly at the same time.
• Fixed a number of bugs related to errors when receiving the data necessary for Charts and Analyser Scanning, which were causing problems for some members.
• Fixed an issue with closing the Analyser Window while a scan was in progress.
• Further modifications to support various DPI settings that members use.
July 27, 2012
• The program will now remove old files from the install location, if you have them.
• Fixed some issues with DPI scaling.
• Changed how the program shuts down, to assist members who have problems with the program still running after close.
• Fixed a number of smaller issues affecting specific members.
July 6, 2012
For the last couple of weeks our focus has been on fixing user-reported bugs, rather than adding new features. When this process is done we’ll have a better, more robust platform to expand upon. Stay tuned…
• A new Settings Window has been included, which we’ll turn on later this week, once all members have upgraded. This feature includes the ability to change how many years of Chart Data to load.
• The program’s install directory has been moved from the Program Files folder to the user’s Local Folder area – so that users without Local Administrator rights can more easily run and update the software.
• Fixed a bug where the program wouldn’t start after install/update had finished.
• Fixed a bug with Java 1.6 detection so users shouldn’t receive as many notices about having to reinstall Java.
• Fixed a bug with horizontal trendlines not always displaying on charts.
• Fixed some bugs that were raised by members using through Bug Reporting tool.
July 2, 2012
• Fixed minor problems in the Report Error Tool.
• Fixed a number of chart problems reported by clients.
• Changed how notification for expired accounts is done.
• Added a process to check for Java 1.6 on every startup.
• Fixed a bug where the Alt key wasn’t snapping Chart Indicators to significant points.
June 25, 2012
• Quick release to fix issues some clients were having on startup.
June 14, 2012
• Added a Calculator tool, accessible via the D2MX Trade Tools menu.
• Added a new Error Handling and Reporting program that will make it easier for users to report technical issues that they encounter.
• Users can now opt to ignore the Time Out setting when requesting Chart History. This helps users with sub-optimal internet connections to use the software. At this time, you need to contact Customer Care to assist with turning this feature on.
• Fixed a chart bug that was affecting the highlighting of Trendlines, Rectangles and Ellipse Indicators, when you hovered over them with your mouse cursor.
• The Chart system is now better at detecting attempts to load corrupt Saved Charts and Templates, and will display a message detailing the issue.
• Numerous other technical fixes and optimisations to make the program more stable.
June 13, 2012
• Fixed issue with Chart Engine changes not being detected.
May 29, 2012
• Program now detects freezing and previously unhandled errors. A new window will prompt the user to submit the issue to our Customer Care team to assist in resolving the problem.
• Fixed bug with plotted scripts that use images.
• Added Messaging Function to allow us to communicate urgent System Messages to all users.
• Fixed bug with Browser Windows not closing correctly, sometimes causing the program to hang.
• Made some window titles shorter, so that they’re more relevant and readable for users.
• Intraday charts now update their volume, as new trades take place.
• Weekly and Monthly charts now show updates as new trades take place.
May 28, 2012
• Analyser Filter settings are now saved, and loaded when you re-open the Analyser window.
• Current Analyser Indicators are saved as part of the Persistent Settings, so each Analyser window will load the last Indicator and with the values you last specified.
• As you switch Indicators in the Analyser, the system saves the parameters you last changed and loads those changes again as you re-select that indicator.
• Real Time Data updates now include best Bid/Ask, Change, Percent Change and Value.
• Chart Captions are now updated with Range, Spread, Net Change and Percent Change values.
• Default Chart Caption is Last Price and Change. (Not yet possible to select other caption options.)
• Added extra white space to Chart Titles with updates, to clear old values that may have had longer strings.
May 14, 2012
• Improved handling during startup: the program now checks if it’s already running, and if so displays a message then quits.
• The installer will now check if the program is running before copying files, and will prompt the user to close the program before continuing.
• Improved handling of Java: the installer will now check for Java 1.6 update 31 runtime. If a lower 1.6 update is installed, it will attempt to download 31 onto the client machine.
May 4, 2012
• Fixed an issue in the Analyser window where filter settings weren’t fully visible if the user had an unusual DPI or font size setting in place.
• Fixed a bug where Chart Indicator images weren’t selectable, nor being loaded during the drawing.
• Modified the installer to better handle 64Bit systems.
• Fixed a bug with the program not reading the Install Location correctly, causing a Chart Image Toolbar error.
• Fixed an issue with the Enter Key not working when using web page-based windows.
• Improved management of timeout and other unhandled Iress Time Series errors.
• Added a popup message to display if loading of Time Series data fails, giving the user the option to try again or load other data.
• Added an Update Progress bar to display while the software update process runs.
• Local filename for a downloaded update is now randomised to correct any Operating System sharing conflicts.
May 2, 2012
• Analyser scans now have a Filter Option to restrict symbols based on price and volume limits.
• Fixed a bug preventing intraday charts advancing to a new day, if opened before the new session starts.
• Improved error handling in Analyser Script Execution, to assist in cases of a script error stopping the scanning process.
• Modified the Analyser Progress Bar settings, to address an intermittent range error.
• D2MX Trade Tools task bar icon is now hidden when no Trade Tools windows are open.
• Fixed a bug in chart indicator polylines, preventing user interaction with the line via a mouse. This fixes the issue of the SAR indicator not being clickable.
• Added Chart Title to the Custom Index indicator.
• Added error handling to prevent D2MX windows being deleted if a user is holding down the Shift key on startup. The program will play a sound if it detects the Shift key being held.
• The Analyser window now repaints during scans, to ensure screen updates will be shown while a scan is in progress.
April 23, 2012
• Fixed a bug in intraday charts, where updates were being skipped if the volume was zero. This was affecting FX and some Index intraday charts.
April 16, 2012
• Added the ability to scroll through Watchlists
• Improved method of handling Java settings, to give more useful information on the version of Java installed.
• Adjusted the IRESS Loading timeout setting.
April 2, 2012
• Fixed an issue in the Upgrade Tool preventing some watchlist data from older versions being imported into Market Analyser 7.
• Added a facility to delete all Trendlines, Rectangles and Ellipses on a D2MX Chart. These options are now accessible via the right click menu.
• Rearranged the D2MX Chart right click menu for improved ease of use.
• Fixed a bug with D2MX Chart Indicators, which was causing charts with indicators to stop drawing if another indicator had encountered an error in calculations.
• Added the ‘Always Save’ option to the right click menu on D2MX Charts.
• Improved handling of how the system checks for a valid installation of Java.
• Tabs on D2MX Chart Templates were hard coded to use a small, hard-to-read font. This has been changed to use the Windows Standard Font Size.
• The system will now detect if a user’s Microsoft XML 4 installation is corrupt, and prompt with repair instructions. This resolves a problem with watchlists not populating D2MX Chart and Analyser screens.