A new free Market Analyser update will be released on Monday; this will be the last update before the end of the year. The main target for this release was to have the charts load faster, which I m pleased to say, was accomplished very well. I m looking forward to everyone being able to experience this faster loading.
Other changes in this release:
- The local database is now automatically compacted once per month. This should assist with people who use large portfolios and watch lists, in both better performance and smaller file sizes.
- Saving an image of a chart now saves the image at a slightly higher file size than before, but this means that extra colours in the chart are now no longer reduced, making the image sometimes appear grey.
- In Vista, there were some issues with the height of particular windows not being setup correctly, causing gaps and menu items to not appear. This has been rectified.
- Previously, if a window was open overnight, then the last price for the chart would reset to zero, as part of the initialisation for every new trading session. This has been fixed.
- Some rolling futures codes couldn t be added to watch lists in certain circumstances, this has been fixed. (You re still unable to combine rolling futures and specific month futures in a single watch list. This is intentional)
- ASX Company Announcements should now be displaying automatically and correctly again.
We ve also been working on data changes for how the program communicates with our servers for its market data, but this is not yet ready for release into the Market Analyser. More news and the ability to test this system will be coming in the New Year. Amongst other things, this will also allow us to again run multiple data centres for better redundancy, to safe guard against outages and make the program much more efficient in how it communicates with the servers, giving much more reliability.
Thank you very much, to all the team, for their contributions to this release.